March 8th, 2016
Simon & Schuster
March 8th, 2016
Simon & Schuster
Hi guys! It’s the end of another month which means that it’s time to see which books are going to be released in March. With March comes one of my anticipated releases of 2016 which you might know because I haven’t been shy about how much I want Lady Midnight on my hands. So here are some of the books that are going to be released in the next month. Once again, if you want more information about the book click on its cover. It will take to the Goodreads page. Continue reading
It’s that time of the week again when I bring you the Top 5 Wednesdays, created by gingerreadslainey. If you want to know how T5W works you can go to the Goodreads group by clicking here. This week theme is Series You Want to Start Next Year. Let’s see some of the series I really want to start in 2016 🙂 . Continue reading
If you follow the Shadowhunters news you might know the last couple of days has been filled with surprises. As a fan of everything Shadowhunters I look like a kid in a candy shop. every time something is released I excited and I know that I shouldn’t because after the movie I have the need to keep my expectations as low as possible. Yesterday morning the first sneak peak was released on the Shadowhunters Snapchat account. I watched it as soon as I saw the tweet about it and it was so cool. It’s extremely different from what I was expecting and from movie (that’s a good thing) but it was cool. I loved how all the main characters had the opportunity to «shine». If you haven’t watched it yet here’s the teaser:
Can we just talk about Matthew Daddario (Alec) please? At first I thought that I wasn’t going to like him but with this teaser I think I changed my mind 😛 .
I did enjoy the teaser but I needed to see the actors in action because with the exception of Harry Shum Jr. (Magnus Bane) I never saw any of the actors work. Okay, I saw the Old Spice commercial with Isaiah Mustafa (Luke) and the Taylor Swift Style music video for with Dominic Sherwood (Jace) but that’s irrelevant. Today the first real promo with actual scenes from the show was released on Buzzfeed and here it is:
I still haven’t watched with that much attention but it looks different from the books which I was already expecting. This was all the new things that were revealed the last couple of days for the TV show but I think we are going to have the premiere date until the end of the day because they are going to reveal it in today’s panel at NYCC.
Talking about NYCC, Cassandra Clare also had a panel where she told that Lady Midnight has 600 pages of amazingness. Not only that but she also revealed the cover for Lady Midnight with the help of Harry Shum Jr. and it is:
It is different. Because of all the cover changes that happened in the last few weeks for The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices I didn’t know what to expect. I do like the cover and it’s beautiful but it’s so different from the past covers.
The book is going to be released in March 8 and it’s already one of most anticipated releases of 2016.
Are you a Shadowhunters universe fan? What do you think about all of these new releases?
Today I decided to do something similar to The Struggles of Being a Book Lover and Things you Shouldn’t Say to a Book Lover (links here and here). The theme for today is The Stages of Waiting for the Next Book in a Series. You might be waiting for Winter, or maybe Queen of Shadows. Probably you are actually waiting for a series that hasn’t yet started like The Dark Artifices. But if you are a book lover you probably went through some of these stages.
1. You finish the last book that was released in a series. The book was amazing and you want to read the next one as soon as possible…
2. You go search the release date on Goodreads…
3. 1 YEAR?? I have to wait 1 YEAR? How can I wait so long?
4. You’re in denial… You don’t accept that it will take so long…
5. You start to talk with other people and support each other. All of you start to accept that you have to wait, until…
6. Release date is postponed… More time to wait…
7. You read other books, watch TV and almost forget about the book in question. But then…
8. Book title and cover are released… The cover is so beautiful
9. You can’t stop thinking about the sequel again. There’s still so much time left.
10. Release day gets closer and closer, until…
11. IT’S FINALLY HERE. It’s release day and you probably already have the book in your hands.
12. It was so beautiful… And if it wasn’t the last book of the series…
13. Repeat steps 1 to 12 again until the last book is released…
14. When you get to the last book you feel empty…
This is it… Do you go through any of these stages when you’re waiting for a book? Is there any stage that’s not here but it happens to you? Tell me in the comments.