Hi guys! Today I bring you another Book Tag. This time I’m going to be answering to The Reader Problems Tag. I was tagged by the lovely Raven @ Dreamy Addictions so thank you Raven for tagging me :). Let’s start this tag.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
20,000 books??? Does anyone has so many books on its TBR? If had all that books I would probably had a lot of problems to choose a book but I would ask someone for recommendations to see what I should read next.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Normally I try to finish all of the books I start even if I’m not liking it. It has to be a really bad book or really getting to my nerves for me not to finish (*cough* Emma*cough*).
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
That did happened to me last year. I read a few novellas and a few graphic novels to catch up and it worked for my Goodreads reading challenge :).
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t really need matching covers or even matching sizes. Beautiful covers are important but the content is even more so I don’t have big problems for not having matching covers. You should see my Mortal Instruments books. The first one is a portuguese pocket edition, the next four are english paperbacks and the last one has about double the size of the other books.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
My friends and family don’t read or if they do read they tend to read different genres so I can’t talk to them about books so I try to find people on Goodreads who agree with me.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This is TFIOS all over again. When I was studying I would go to college on public transportation which means that most of my reading was done there so I read a lot in front of other people. The good thing about it is that I’m always hearing my sunglasses so people don’t see me cry.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads?
I try to find a synopsis and some reviews that contain spoilers so I can’t remember some of the things. Sometimes I only remember when I’m reading the sequel and they talk about something I had forgotten.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I know that this is not right but I tend to use the: “Oh sorry. I forgot the book again at home…”. Yep, it wouldn’t be the first time =P.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I had a few reading slumps in the last months but nothing that makes me put down so many books. However if that happened to me I would try to re-read a book that I know that I love or some fast-pacing cute contemporary books.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I’m unemployed so I can’t buy a lot of books. This means that I need to choose 2/3 books max from the ones that are going to be released.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
If I really want to read that books they are not that long on my TBR shelf. Normally they are there until I finish the book that I’m reading at that time.
This is it, The Reader Problems Tag. I’m not tagging anyone in particular because this tag has been around for quite a few time but if you want to do this tag do it and just tell me in the comments. I’m excited to see your answers to these questions :).